Monday, August 15, 2011

XO Skeletons - California Needs You & Me

This songs been echoing through my bone marrow for awhile:
Girl at the graveyard, boy from the gutter
Grow out your hair, go drown in the summer
Sleep on the beach under blue tidal waves
Swinging from new moons in old wet dreams

Walk to the west coast
Carry each other
I be your sister
You be my brother
Mouth to mouth, I need your love in my lungs
Sharpen your fangs with the fork of my tongues

Banging your heads, you got exploding brains
Sucking your blood 'cause you like the taste

I'll bring the candles, you bring the wish
Should we sleep with the stars, should we sleep with the fish?
Melt you an igloo, unknit you a sweater
Unsend em our love in a plagiarized letter

Banging your heads, you got exploding brains
Sucking your blood 'cause you like the taste
Take off your clothes, dip your toes in the sea
California needs you and me

Stay young and cheap
Wear generic names
Used luxury cars will spider your veins

No comments: