Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ritalin causes Cancer

Upon investigation I discovered various fluctuations in the number of children prescribed to the pharmaceutical:
a 1996 report stated that 2 million children were on it
yet
a late 2009 study states nearly 10,000 children take it
most estimate that over 6 million children were prescribed ritalin in 2009.
I'm guessing due to the advancement of psychostimulants
(which have been prescribed since 1938)
children don't necessarily have to be restrained to Ritalin when there's a plethora of available drugs in the governments arsenal?
Like Adderall, street name: "poor mans coke"... not sodey pop cherubs?


On a personal note:
When I hit puberty, the shit hit the fan in my household,
I grew up with a single mom, and 6 kids who ranged from 10-26 years younger than me.
I believe my mother had a few mental disorders, maybe even passed on a few?
It's safe to say, there were times when we let "the fur fly", typical of most families with adolescents....
One time we let our fangs show and my mother immediately urged a psychiatric evaluation,
this led to me convincing the psychologist that it was my mother who was indeed looney.
I was also referred to take a test to determine if I had ADHD...
it required mostly cognitive tests involving blocks and puzzles,
I remember passing with flying colors as it was my goal to impress.
I finished it in record time and was told immediately that I indeed had ADHD...
everyone I've spoken to who's taken the test has clarified the same results.
It's my firm belief that no matter who comes through that door, the results will always remain the same.
If we want to win the "war on drugs" then we should start with the pharmaceutical companies & the FDA.

Reportedly divorce increases risk of ritalin use,
would one blame the child who acts out in times of duress, or the parent who can't handle them under such circumstances?

Some even recommend dosing public water supplies with Ritalin and other drugs.

A site whose subject is Death from Ritalin with an index of help

Many books on the matter

No comments: